There is a new web site for software developers to ask questions and get answers: Stack Overflow.
I've been one of the site's beta testers for the past month, and I've been impressed with the quality of the information available on the site. Of course, there are plenty of a-holes there, but I think it will become one of the top go-to sites for developers.
What's cool about Stack Overflow:
- It's free (unlike some other programmer-question-and-answer sites).
- Simple question-and-answer format keeps things focused.
- Voting lets the good information rise to the top, and the spam disappear.
- Editing allows outdated information to be corrected.
- Reputation system prevents newbies from screwing things up too much.
It is now open to the public. Please read the FAQ before participating, and please don't screw it up.