After finishing up some work on an iOS app today, it was time to go make equivalent changes to the Android port of that app. "I'll just update my Android SDK before I get to work," I said (to myself). I opened the Android SDK Manager and let it update these SDK packages to these versions:
- Android SDK Tools: 22.0.1
- Android SDK Platform-tools: 17
- Android SDK Build-tools: 17
Then I let Eclipse update the ADT. Then I got to work. I opened my Android app project and tried to run it. I found I couldn't make a working debug build or a release build, nor could I create a signed APK to install on a device.
After a few hours of hair pulling, I got everything working. Here is what I learned. I hope it helps someone.