Since releasing Menubar Countdown, my little Mac OS X timer app, I've received some nice feedback and suggestions for improvement. I'm going to list them here, both so that I can find them later, and to let others leave their own suggestions.
- Repeat the alarm until the user acknowledges it. (Currently, the alarm just goes off once.)
- Support Growl notifications
- Allow user to choose an alert sound other than the default system alert sound.
- Provide option to log out and/or shutdown when timer expires.
- Provide option to launch an application or an AppleScript when timer expires.
- Add a days field.
- Allow user to specify the output format (so that a user could, for example, have it display "4m, 3s" instead of 00:04:03.
- One-click start: bypass the Settings dialog
- Animated "alarm is going off" display
- Allow user to specify an ending date and time, rather than a time interval
- Provide option to not display seconds (continuous animation is distracting to some, and removing seconds would save some menubar real estate)