What follows is from an actual job opportunity that was presented to me. It has been edited for brevity and to remove identifying information. I also cleaned up typos and broken grammar (recruiters apparently never read these things before sending them to candidates).
Job Title: Architect
- Drive Solution Architectures for high performance and very highly scalable platforms.
- Collaborate with key Telecommunication Architecture on definition of delivery of solution.
- Participate in Joint Application Design/Requirements sessions
- Create and present PowerPoints to leadership describing architectural approaches and solutions
Seeking Enterprise Architecture related type candidates. Not seeking a candidate with developer, project manager, or solution architect experience.
Skills & Experience Needed:
- UML 2 3-5 years Required
- Visio 5 years Required
- MS Word 5 years Required
- Agile Methodology Intermediate Desired
- OAuth Intermediate Desired
- Cloud computing Intermediate Desired
Note what is not required of an Architect: Any knowledge of how to actually produce working software. All you need to know is how to use Visio and PowerPoint.